Paraplanner – Chelmsford office
We are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to work within our busy technical team, providing support across our offices to our successful team of IFAs. This position is based at either our Chelmsford office, with the ability for some home working.
We have a new senior management team and this truly is an exciting time to be joining our forward-thinking company.
We believe in realising everyone’s potential and we are one big team where everyone’s ideas are valued.
We offer a Professional Development Programme for all our employees where full training is provided throughout their career.
Gibbs Denley Financial Services is an award-winning high quality financial planning firm that has been offering bespoke investment advice to clients across East Anglia since 1990.
As Chartered Financial Planners, we are committed to a high level of ethical and professional standards, and we develop our staff to give them the best knowledge and skills possible. We are dedicated to providing excellent standards of customer service, professional tailor-made advice and long-term client relationships.
We have been voted one of New Model Adviser’s ‘Top 100’ financial planning firms for the fifth year running.
We offer investments on an advisory or discretionary basis, giving our clients a flexible solution.
- To provide full technical support to the IFA team: Directors, Chartered Financial Planners and Financial Planners
- Assist in the delivery of bespoke solutions to advisory and discretionary clients in all aspects of financial planning
- Advanced technical report writing
- Dealing with wrap platforms and product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments
- Undertake research both independently and with an IFA to identify suitable solutions to meet clients’ needs and objectives
- Carry out in depth product research and analysis to prepare a comprehensive financial planning report and identify opportunities throughout the process
- Undertake reviews of client portfolios and compile annual suitability reports
- Use FE Analytics to research and analyse fund performance, volatility and risk
- Prepare cash flow plans for clients and incorporate system outputs into reports and assist with their presentation in client meetings
- Carry out tax calculations to ensure correct advice is given, where appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of client meetings, emails, letters and documentation as part of the advice process
- Handle client queries and help service existing clients on a daily basis
- Maintain awareness of legislative changes and product developments by undertaking suitable CPD activities e.g. attending seminars/workshops
- Previous industry experience as a Paraplanner and able to write technical reports
- At least Diploma Level 4 qualified. Advanced level exams in investments and pensions will be an advantage, along with working towards Chartered status
- Can demonstrate a sound technical knowledge of the financial services industry across a full range of investments, pensions, retirement solutions, protection and IHT planning
- Experience of wrap platforms and main tax wrappers
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills, as well as organisation skills
- Experienced in supporting advisers with a range of tasks, including correspondence with product providers and clients, researching products and writing suitability reports, as well as providing support to other members of a paraplanning team
- Good interpersonal skills are a must, as is working alongside a friendly team of dedicated individuals
- Proactive and able to use own initiative
- Ability to cope well in a busy working environment and manage own case load
- Staff bonus scheme
- Holiday: 23 days per annum, increasing after 3, 6, 9, 14 and 19 years’ service
- 4 x Death in Service scheme
- Income protection
- 5% of salary contribution into Group Personal Pension with immediate effect
- Professional Development Programme with financial support, study days, recognition and reward for professional study
With offices in Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds and Chelmsford, we are always interested in talented people. Even if we don’t have a suitable vacancy for you at present, please send your CV to Jackie.email@example.com, and we will hold it for the future. We always respond to applications.
Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for the security of any email sent to us by standard email.
Graduate Development Programme
At Gibbs Denley Financial Services we are always looking for dedicated and forward-thinking individuals who are interested in building a career that they can be proud of.
Our Graduate Development Programme for Financial Advisers and Paraplanners is aimed at those leaving university with a degree, who are looking to develop a career in the financial services industry. Please download the guide to our Graduate Development Programme for more information on what this involves.
If you are interested in applying to our Graduate Development Programme, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will NOT be accepted.