Gibbs Denley Financial Services have been providing high quality financial planning and bespoke investment advice to clients across East Anglia since 1990.
As Chartered Financial Planners, we are committed to a high level of ethical and professional standards, and we develop our staff to give them the best knowledge and skills possible. We are dedicated to providing excellent standards of customer service, professional tailor-made advice and long-term client relationships.
We have been one of New Model Adviser’s ‘Top 100’ financial planning firms for the last two years.
We offer investments on an advisory or discretionary basis, giving our clients a flexible solution.
Client Support / Trainee Client Support – Swavesey
- Administration and new business processing for Wrap platform and non-platform clients
- Provide client administrative support to the Swavesey team
- Handle client queries and help service existing clients
- Deal with platforms and product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments
- Develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of Wrap platforms
- Assist with the facilitation of the Client Review Process
- Assist in the rebalance process
- Meet and greet clients
- Maintain JCS and Volume client databases
- Maintain appropriate CPD to meet CII, Chartered Corporate and Gibbs Denley requirements
- Receive work from Client Administration Manager and ensure requirements and timescales are understood and met
- Liaise with Client Administration team to understand clients’ goals, needs, objectives and circumstances and assist team members as necessary
- Answer incoming telephone calls and refer to Client Administration Manager when necessary
- Answer door entry intercom and meet clients
- Administer clients’ portfolios using Standard Life and Novia Solutions wrap, including input and maintenance of accounts and rebalances
- Process Smartsearch anti-money laundering, PEP and sanctions checks
- Process all aspects of new business by liaising with insurers, clients and team
- Complete New Business Compliance Checklists in line with Admin Guide
- Complete Client Instruction Forms in line with Admin Guide
- Issue client documentation ensuring that client records reflect the requirements of the Admin Guide
- Liaise with product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments for clients
- Obtain quotations / Key Features Documents / fund information
- Prepare meeting packs for new clients
- Assist with the issue of the quarterly Investment Market Review & Outlook
- Prepare Annual Portfolio Review packs and ad-hoc meeting packs for the Client Review Process
- Prepare Income Drawdown Reviews for the Client Review Process
- Liaise with the Investment Team for any ad-hoc client documentation that may be required
- Action Letters of Authority
- Deal with Death Benefit Nomination forms
- Assist with the issue of client documentation ensuring that client records reflect the requirements of the New Business & Compliance Checklist
- Input client fact find and policy information onto JCS database accurately and in accordance with Gibbs Denley’s Admin Guide, as required
- Manage JCS diary effectively
- Handle client queries and service existing clients as required and identify when an enquiry should be referred to another team member
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of industry developments, regulations and legislation
- Maintain client files on JCS and Volume in accordance with Gibbs Denley’s Admin Guide
- Assist with the order and maintenance of sufficient stationery supplies
- Manage post and supplies and maintain franking machine
- Carry out scanning of documentation as required
- Regularly maintain CPD record
- Comply with Gibbs Denley’s Code of Ethics, committing to carrying out business in an ethical way by treating customers fairly and providing clients with the service that we have promised them
- Understand personal responsibility relating to Financial Crime and Gibbs Denley’s policies and procedures for Anti-Money Laundering, the Bribery Act 2010, Tax Evasion, GDPR, Information Security and Cyber Crime
- Be fully aware of Gibbs Denley’s Complaints Procedures and what to do in the event of a complaint
- Comply with Gibbs Denley’s Training & Competency Plan and the Chartered Insurance Institute’s CPD requirements
- Ideally 1 year’s Financial Services experience in a client / customer focused position
- Interested in gaining professional qualifications in Financial Services
- Excellent administration, written / verbal communication skills and organisational skills
- Service orientated with a general interest in providing an exceptional client experience
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work alongside a friendly team of dedicated individuals
- Ability to work in a busy working environment and meet deadlines
- Possesses a keen eye for detail
- Holiday: 23 days per annum, increasing after 3, 6, 9, 14 and 19 years’ service
- Flexitime available
- Death in Service scheme 2 x salary
- 4% of salary contribution into our Group Personal Pension with immediate effect
- A comprehensive Professional Development Programme with financial support, recognition and reward for professional study
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Development Programme
At Gibbs Denley Financial Services we are always looking for dedicated and forward-thinking individuals who are interested in building a career that they can be proud of.
Our Graduate Development Programme for Financial Advisers and Paraplanners is aimed at those leaving university with a degree, who are looking to develop a career in the financial services industry. Please download the guide to our Graduate Development Programme for more information on what this involves.
If you are interested in applying to our Graduate Development Programme, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will NOT be accepted.
With offices in Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds and Chelmsford, we are always interested in talented people. Even if we don’t have a suitable vacancy for you at present, please send your CV to Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will hold it for the future. We always respond to applications.
Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for the security of any email sent to us by standard email.