During our 25th Birthday year the staff of Gibbs Denley have been supporting Magpas Air Ambulance Charity. Across our three offices we are delighted to say that we have raised £1153.38 throughout the year. This money was raised through a combination of the following:
- Monthly Dress Down Days
- Staff raffles from donated gifts and prizes
- Our Cycle for Magpasevent, where we covered over 150 miles using exercise bikes
- Sponsored Christmas cards in aid of Magpas
- Donations in collection tins
Emma Sanders of Magpas stopped by our office for the presentation, pictured here.
Over the two-year period Magpas were our Charity of the Year, our fundraising totalled £2,929.72. Here are some examples of how money raised for Magpas is put to use:
- £2,584 will operate their helicopter for one day
- The rapid response vehicles cost £55 a day to operate
- Each dose of morphine costs £1.53, providing much-needed pain relief at the scene of an accident
- £14 is the cost of the medicine needed to anaesthetise a seriously ill patient
- It costs £262 to fill the fuel tanks of the Magpas helicopter
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people (staff and visitors alike) who donated their time and money to help us reach this total.